Opening in 2019, American Dream is approximately 3 million square feet and will redefine the customer experience in shopping and leisure with a unique combination of retail, dining, technology, entertainment and attractions - all in one location. We are currenly hiring for lifeguards at our indoor waterpark. Be a part of an exciting new entertainment experience in your neighborhood!
The main purpose of the Lifeguard is:
- To provide guests with an exceptional experience while ensuring safe and proper usage of the facilities by
communicating rules and active supervision of the pool area.
- Maintaining a constant surveillance of guests in pools and hot tubs.
- Responding to major and minor first aid situations and distressed swimmers.
- Enforcing safety rules and regulations and instruct and reinforce the proper use of the Waterpark attractions to our guests.
- Presenting a professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintain a high standard of customer service.
- Monitoring and supervising first aid facility and attending to any guests arriving needing medical assistance.
- Responding to guest concerns, questions and requests regarding waterslides and facility.
- Being actively involved in creating and maintaining a safe environment for all staff and guests.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Previous customer service experience an asset.
- Safety minded and have the ability to stay calm in emergency situations.
- Must have excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Training provided, no previous lifeguard experience required.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- This is a part-time (or full-time) position that requires flexible availability Monday through Sunday.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb multiple flights of stairs and work in a hot, humid and chlorinated environment.
- Swim 200 yards and ability to retrieve 10lbs diving brick from depth of 8 feet of water
- Ability to successfully complete certification in First Aid, CPR and Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Training.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.