The Connection in Summit, NJ, known for its excellent aquatic programs, is seeking experienced swim instructors to join our team. In this position:
· You will be responsible for teaching safe pool and water practices while instructing swimming skills and techniques.
· Instruct aquatics class in accordance with course description and curriculum goals established by Aquatics Director; safely utilizing specific equipment.
· Instruct each class participant in a way that he/she understands class format, and is swimming in a manner which is both beneficial and safe.
· Ensures the safety and well-being of all class and program participants during youth and/or adult classes.
· Experience teaching swim classes
· CPR and First Aid required or must be obtained within the first month of employment.
· Must be mentally alert to dangerous situations in order to assure the safety of all swimmers.
· Must be physically and mentally able to respond to emergencies and administer CPR and First Aide effectively.
· We have a variety of positions available including days (early morning and afternoon), evenings and weekends.
· Competitive compensation offered.
· Membership discounts offered to staff and their families (work hour minimums apply) including access to fitness facility and pool as well as adult and children’s classes.
The Connection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe our differences make us better.