Working Papers/Employer Info

Download Working Papers - (Form A330 Combined Certification Form)

All minors under the age of 18 who work in New Jersey must have an employment certificate – also called “working papers”.  The process for completing the form can be confusing the first time.  We've simplified the steps for you below:

  1. Complete Section A - Minor's Personal Information and Parent/Guardian Information.
  2. Section B - Employment Information. The Employer must complete information regarding the job offered and must sign the Promise of Employment
  3. Section C - Physician's Certification. Your doctor must certify that you are physically able to work.
  4. Make a copy of your birth certificate, passport or other document proving your age.
  5. Bring the form and documents to the school to complete sections D,E and F. 
  6. After the school has completed the form, give a copy to your Employer. A new form must be completed for each Employer.

New Jersey Child Labor Information

  1. Reference Guide - Labor Laws For Young Workers
  2. Your Child's Job - A Parent's Guide
  3. Employer Guide - About Working Papers
  4. Minimum Wage Guidelines

Other Forms

  1. W4 Form
  2. I-9 Form